Overview of Node.js
Choosing the right languages, tools, and technology stack can determine the future app functioning – from the ease of development to performance and efficiency. Thus, it is very important to make the right choice in the beginning.
Node.js is a single-threaded, open-source, cross-platform runtime for building fast and scalable server-side and networking apps. It runs on the top of Google’s open-source scripting engine V8. Node.js provides a comprehensive tool for working in the non-blocking, event-driven I/O architecture which makes it efficient and suitable for real-time applications.
If you planning to build a real-time or data-streaming web application, Node.js is the perfect solution for you to use. It is highly efficient and easier to develop. Node.js can handle multiple requests and can scale smoothly, hence becoming a perfect fit for API development. There are many Awesome Things You Can Build with Node. js.
Node.js Apps – Examples
- Paypal – https://www.paypal.com/in/home
- LinkedIn – https://in.linkedin.com/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/
- Mozilla – https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
- Netflix – https://www.netflix.com/
- Uber – https://www.uber.com/in/en/
- Coursera – https://www.coursera.org/
- eBay – https://www.ebay.com/
Benefits of Node.js Over Others Faster development process: -
One of the reasons I prefer node.js is easy server development. The server can be easily started from the command line or visual studio code by just writing the simple command node run index.js. Live reload speeds up the development process which can be implemented by using the modules like node-mon. Live reload updates the changes to the browser automatically.
- TypeScript: – Despite the fact Node.js is excellent for developing server-side apps, it lacks several current features such as type-checking. It could be difficult to manage a Node.js codebase. Typescript supports current coding methods, such as static typing and type checking. It is designed to create high-level and complex applications. That’s why having it (TypeScript) as the primary language for supporting Node.js capabilities would be ideal. Typescript compiler can be used to set up Node.js and Typescript.
- Web Hosting: – Web hosting platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the most used hosting platform, accounting for 32% of the cloud market. Node.js is supported by AWS, natively and is intimately integrated with the platform. Cloud9, an Amazon in-browser Integrated Development Environment (IDE), allows users to write and change code right in their browser, is compatible with Node.js, and has one of the lowest entry barriers for a scalable microservice.
- Community Support: – Node.js has a large and active community to support and give feedback that makes it easier for new developers. Node.js libraries and templates can be used in coding for different projects to save time and effort.This also makes full-stack development easier and more convenient, as you no longer require to locate an engineer fluent in multiple programming languages.This also makes full-stack development easier and more convenient, as you no longer require to locate an engineer fluent in multiple programming languages.
Node Package Manager: -
You do not have to develop code from scratch as NPM allows the download and use of the packages of other developers in your project.
NPM makes it simple to manage application dependencies by installing not only the library’s code but also all of its dependents. Developers just have to execute the command “npm install” from the command line to install all libraries and development dependencies.
Above discussed advantages are just a few of the many of using Node.js for web and app development. Node.js is one of the dynamically developing environments backed by a vast community that improves extensively every year. Also, it is supported by Amazon Web Services, and No wonder many prominent companies like Walmart, LinkedIn, eBay, PayPal, and Bustle, etc. decided to shift to using Node.js. Node.js could be the perfect solution for your application and no doubt that it can add a lot of value to it.